Saturday, March 15, 2014

Picnic on my front lawn

My front lawn is surrounded on three sides by Griffith Park, is owned by the city, and is a fascinating cross section of urban hollywood meets wilderness area.

Today I brought my knitting and tablet out front to have a picnic in this amazing spring weather. I am looking up at redwoods and pines and alders and at least four other types of trees I don't know. There are lizards basking on the walkway to my house. There are squirrels darting from tree to fence behind me. There are hummingbirds swooping low over the grass. There are a lot of people driving up to the observatory,  walking dogs, and pushing strollers.

I am watching West Wing, knitting christmas presents,  and eating egg salad and carrot sticks. Maybe I will take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment