Thursday, July 3, 2014

Dragontree

My mom and a few of her friends started Dragontree park day, a weekly get together of unschooly folks in long beach, many years ago. I was one of the oldest kids when it started, and pretty quickly was too busy with college and stuff to go every week, but whenever I could I'd go back to park day. Recently I realized how important this group really was to me, and started making an appearance more often, and then prioritizing my schedule so I could go more and more.

Yesterday I brought Wyatt,  the first second-generation dragontree baby to his first park day. He's the youngest dragontree-er, but just barely. This is a picture of Tsiri, a mere four weeks older than Wyatt. Hard not to imagine them getting older and playing together, since they are so very close in age...

No comments:

Post a Comment