Monday, June 23, 2014

Harry potter movie day

Yesterday we had some friends over to watch the first two Harry Potter movies. In keeping wth the theme, I made pumpkin pasties and butterbeer!

Seeing as how I have a baby, I decided to go the easy route. I used premade pie crust, cut them into circles, spooned about two tbsp of pumpkin pie filling,  crimped the edges with a fork and baked them at 400 for about 15 minutes. I added some butter and sugar to the tops after.

The butterbeer was an interesting experiment. I heated up condensed milk (3-4 tbsp), butterscotch topping (3-4 tbsp), and butter (1 tbsp), then added a few spoonfulls of that mixture to hot cream soda. It's really pretty and very foamy, but the general consensus was to go easy on the condensed milk, and I could have probably left the butter out entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment