Thursday, March 28, 2013

mt. hollywood at night

Husband and I did a super intense hike up to the top of Mt. Hollywood -- we took the West Trail up to where it meets the road above the observatory  then up to the top of Mt. Hollywood. We then RAN down the entire thing, to our front door. It was about 1 hour, 40 minutes. I have never worked so hard in my life. I got home and my legs were doing that weird twitchy thing. I am going to be so sore.

I really loved running downhill, I have to say. It was a little terrifying -- not being able to see everything...and the ground is really packed, with a little sand on the top so some spots are slippery. But there were some points where I was running, and breathing in the deep dark chaparral smell - and I felt like I could do it forever.

There were other parts where it just hurt and I wanted to die. But you know. I'll try to remember the do-it-forever part.

No comments:

Post a Comment